Covid Cleaning Protocols For Schools
Cleaning and disinfecting is an integral part of the day-to-day workings of a school, especially now. So, to keep your students and staff safe while working hard in school, implement strict Covid cleaning protocols.
By implementing a series of cleaning protocols for your school, you’ll be able to reduce the chance of the Covid virus spreading through your halls. Staff will feel safer teaching, students will feel happier learning, and parents will feel at ease knowing their children are going to a school that genuinely cares about their wellbeing.
A Covid-19 cleaning plan requires careful planning and in-depth knowledge of what protocols and cleaning products work best.
Today our team of expert cleaners will show you how you can:
- Reduce the spread of the virus
- Promote good hygiene in your school
- Develop, implement, and maintain your Covid-19 cleaning plan
We’re here to show you how to get the cleaning services and supplies you need to ensure your school remains safe for staff and students all year round.
How to reduce the spread of Covid-19 in school
Reducing the spread of Covid-19 is vital for the health and safety of your students and your staff.
Here are a few ways to reduce the spread of the virus:
- Clean more frequently if there is a high transmission of Covid-19 in your community
- When somebody in your school has transmitted the virus ensure a complete clean is conducted of the school
- Make sure your staff are wearing PPE
- Advise older students to wear masks during classes
- Set up hand sanitiser stations in multiple areas in the school and in classrooms
- Promote good hand hygiene
How do you promote good hand hygiene?
People will always touch their eyes, nose, and mouth without realising they’ve done it. This is the number one way germs infiltrate the body and make us feel sick.
Promoting good hand hygiene can help prevent the virus from spreading. The more people wash their hands in school, the more germs will be destroyed, and the less likely Covid-19 will be contracted.
You can promote good hand hygiene by;
- Putting up posters in bathrooms and classrooms to remind students to wash their hands
- Encouraging teachers to speak about hand hygiene in class
- Making hand washing a routine as you enter and leave the classroom
By following these simple tips, you’ll be able to reduce the number of cases that crop up in your school.
How to create your Covid-19 cleaning plan
Every school should have an in-depth cleaning plan developed by now. A plan that ensures the safety of every pupil, teacher, and staff member on the school grounds.
Here are three steps you should follow if you want your cleaning plan to follow best practices.
1. Develop your plan
Determining what needs to be cleaned every day is the central part of the development stages. It’s essential to sit down with your school cleaning staff and talk about what they think are the most dangerous points in the school for attracting germs.
With their expert input, you can develop a cleaning plan.
From there, put together a detailed calendar of what needs cleaning and when it should be cleaned by each day. This will help keep your school in perfect condition and free of the virus.
You can also get a professional team to conduct an audit of your school’s cleaning protocols to make sure you’re following the recommended guidelines correctly.
Some other things you should add to your cleaning plan include;
- Planning with your staff and discussing the obstacles to routine cleaning
- Developing a routine cleaning schedule for each classroom
- Accommodating regular cleaning as often as it’s needed
- Limiting the sharing of high touch objects that are hard to clean like lab equipment, art supplies, books, etc.
- Always clean surfaces that have been soiled right away
- Cleaning high-touch areas like lockers, door handles, desks, chairs, bathrooms regularly – these should be cleaned at least once a day
After developing the plan for general Covid-19 cleaning duties, start talking with your teachers about what they think is an essential aspect of cleaning for their classrooms. This will help you develop cleaning plans that help maintain a hygienic classroom environment at all times.
Now that your plan is all written out, your staff is familiar with it, and it meets all the guidelines for health and safety, it’s time to implement it.
Anything on your Covid cleaning plan should be in effect as soon as students return to school.
- It would be best if you were cleaning all high-touch areas daily
- Your staff should be trained with all cleaning equipment you’ve provided
- Surfaces should be disinfected
- Hand hygiene should be enforced
- PPE should be worn by all staff and students
- Computers, desks, whiteboards should be cleaned before and after they’ve been used
Your staff and your students will be more protected against the virus by implementing your cleaning plan appropriately and ahead of time.
Cleaning with soap and water removes germs, but it does not kill them. It only reduces their numbers.
This is why you must disinfect!
Disinfecting uses chemicals to kill germs but it won’t clean a dirty surface or remove germs. It will only kill germs after a surface is cleaned.
So, if you want to reduce the risk of the virus spreading, you should clean your surfaces first before disinfecting them.
Maintaining your strict Covid cleaning protocol is the hardest part of any school cleaning plan. With the right help, you’ll be able to make sure your school stays clean at all times throughout the school year.
If you want to make sure everything is maintained to a high standard and cleaned exactly the way it should, consider hiring a team of professionals to help.
Professional contract cleaners can ensure your school’s cleaning regime is followed every day.
Here at Cleaning Contractors, we offer a wide range of services that can help you keep your school clean and safe all year round. Our services include complete daily school cleaning, duty cleaning during school hours, room sanitisation, deep cleaning and PPE for students and staff.
We’re Ireland’s largest contract cleaning company and we’ve been providing reliable school cleaning services nationwide for over 30 years.
Get in touch with our professional team of cleaners today to ensure your school stays sparkling throughout the year.